Sunday, January 19, 2014

I decided it was time to start getting off the weight I have put on since 2007.  After turning 50 things seemed to go downhill in terms of how I felt --- (menopause, hormone imbalance, mood swings, aches and pains). When my knees started to hurt and I started looking at myself from the back -- I didn't know who it was! What happened?  Is my butt THAT BIG?  I quit asking "do I look fat in this" -- I already knew the answer.  But then, I tried to reason with myself -- you're just getting older and it happens to everybody..... Or, my metabolism is just SLOWER than everybody else.  How about "I'm just big boned" and lastly, at least I carry my weight in proportion.  What a bunch of BS --- I'm FAT.  Don't get me wrong, I don't hate myself, nor do I see myself in any distorted way when I look in the mirror.  I don't show many wrinkles (well that's because my face is full and round) but by GOD I have a double chin!  Well, GOD doesn't have anything to do with it --- It's me.  I lack discipline, HATE the gym (it smells), we no longer live in a subdivision with a pool or walking trails and frankly, ALL I seem to do is WORK (professionally and at home).  Being a true FOODIE, I love to cook -- and who doesn't like to pop open a cold, crisp chardonnay while mincing herbs, or sauteing sweet onions and garlic.  Well, there goes 300 extra, empty calories just from a libation!  I've never been much of a sweet eater --- but I do love chocolate! CHOCOLATE ANYTHING!  So how did I come to this decision.  The decision to try Ingenix?  I did my research, went to Facebook and contacted a good friend who sells it.  She was straight up with me.  This is not really a diet but it is about making the choice to go off foods that have a ton of additives, diet drinks, sugar and too many carbs.  I figured that I would try it for a month -- document my results and hopefully kick-start myself into a healthier lifestyle.  Not only do I want to kick the bad food habit but I also don't like shopping for plus size clothes.  I don't like having to buy wide calf boots!  Well, the shipment will be here this week. I remain hopeful and will chronicle my journey. I do not SELL Ingenix or stand to GAIN ANYTHING.  In fact, I stand to LOSE.  IN A GOOD WAY.  In the meantime, I will continue to blog and track my success (or failures).

No comments:

Post a Comment